Guitar Salon International Forums  

Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Contributor

Default 2008 Stenzel

This testimonial has been a long time in the making.

I got this Stenzel SP/BR two years ago right when it came in. David Collett knew that I was in the hunt for another spruce Stenzel after I made the huge mistake of trading in my 98 SP/IN Stenzel. I still miss that guitar

But this instrument is incredible. I actually fall more and more in love with it as the days pass. This guitar will stay with me until my last day and will be willed to a family member or close friend when I die.

I love everything about this guitar: it's full sound that mingles with it's supernatural, mysterious qualities. It's neck profile and craftsmanship and solidly built nature. It's sonic consistency that is paradoxically countered by new and pleasant aural surprises as it develops.

With all that said, what I love most about this guitar is how she gives back so much of the love and attention that I devote to her on a daily basis. I don't know how to describe it in words? How a seemingly inanimate object can come alive. I believe she really is alive. A living, breathing, dynamic, ever growing expression of music and God's love for music and for me.

Sincerely,
Enrique Guerrero La Farge
Old 01-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Frequent Poster

Smile

Hi Enrique: How far is Samaria from California? I would love to get you to review one of my guitars!
Old 01-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Frequent Poster

You are a lucky guy to have her!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:50 AM
Contributor

I wish my pocketbook and talent level merited a look at a Stenzel. They appear to be absolutely beautiful and their owners rave about them. Ah well, maybe some day... Thanks for sharing your story!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Contributor

Hello Sanderdude, Samaria in located in modern day Palastine, but the ancient city of Uruk, which was part of the Samaritan Kingdom, was located in southern Iraq. You cracked me up .

But all joking aside, if you ever see a used Stenzel for sale, or have the money for a new one, give it a good test play, and seriously consider buying it.

And yes I am very blessed to have her!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:00 AM
Frequent Poster

Hi Enlil: I am glad you took my post as a joke, I thought later that it might seem offensive. There is a guy who lives sort of near me who has one for sale. It is listed on the del camp forum. Alas I am building my first 5 guitars or would seriously want to have several guitars by great makers. Sounds like you have a guitar of a lifetime! Any chance of a you tube video?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:41 AM

Hola, Roberto -- I'm still planning on coming up to try out your new guitars the second weekend of April, so get 'em strung up for me. I guess you'll have to settle for my reviews of your guitars, but I'm closer than Samaria.
Guitar: 2006 Richard Prenkert #270
Old 01-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Frequent Poster

Smile

Hi Jeff: Your reviews will be most welcome. The finisher has them for another week of drying time before I can transport them. Hopefully, the last one of the bunch will also be done by the time you come up.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Contributor

Sanderdude, I was no where near being offended it was a good laugh! Thanks for that I don't have any youtube's, but my duo partner is onto that, so many this semester. OK take it easy and good luck with your guitars.