Guitar Salon International Forums  

Old 08-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Frequent Poster

Smile Vowinkle 2a Sp/In

Just have to say that I am so glad I took the time to speak with David Collette at GSI. Very knowledgeable and so helpfull. I am very short (5'3"), and have the dreaded short stubby fingers. David, took alot of time to discuss my physical requirements and consider the types of music I enjoy listening/playing: Classical (older), Modern (Towner, York, Barrios, etc.), Brazilian and Flamenco. Since I intended this guitar to be used for several styles of music and I prefer closer action David suggested we set the action for 2.5/3.5mm. My price range was in the $2000 range. So I was looking for a small Torres size guitar with great clarity, upfront presence, yet retaining sweetness and lush tones. David suggested the Vowinkle 2a Sp/In. I had never heard of Vowinkle but on Davids recommendation I decided to take a chance.

After having played the Vowinkle now for about 45 days I believe this was a great choice. The Vowinkle is very easy to play, has a wonderfully robust yet modern tonality, is capable of expressing a wide range of tone colors, and is very well made. Over the weeks I have become increasingly charmed by its voice which I feel is definitely concert quality.

I have also had the pleasure of speaking with Dave Tate regarding Flamenco guitars and have found Dave to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

When you combine this kind of in depth knowledge, great customer service (both before and after the sale), wonderful trade up (exchange) policy its hard to beat.

GSI, David Collette and Dave Tate have gained my admiration, respect and my business.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:43 PM

Send a message via MSN to Y-2-H Send a message via Yahoo to Y-2-H
Thumbs up

Honestly everyone in GSI is full of knowledge, very patient and so helpful! Honestly this makes GSI my favorite place to buy guitars. Thatís why Iíve been here before and I am coming here again for my next purchase.

P.S.: they are also very helpful with other merchandise not just guitars!