Guitar Salon International Forums  

Old 07-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Frequent Poster

Default Ryoji Matsuoka Classical Guitar M60

Has anyone ever heard of the above luthier/guitar??
Old 07-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Frequent Poster

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...estern-01.html

seow
singapore
Old 07-05-2004, 09:23 PM

I actually purchased a Matsuoka 706 guitar in December. IT IS AWESOME. This luthier decided to take a part a Mathias Dammann guitar, which David Russell now plays (we are talking about a 20 to 30,000 dollar guitar) and built one just like it for cheaper. It is a loud, easy to play instrument that not too many people know about. For the price, you are getting an INCREDIBLE deal. This is the best guitar in the price range that you'll find anywhere and this instrument is totally concert worthy to use. This guitar will suit your needs and even top popular brands like Ramirez, Alhambra, Contreras. If you want a good non-expensive low priced guitar, this guitar is what you should get, PERIOD!
Old 07-06-2004, 12:53 AM

One of the guitars in my stable of guitars is a Ryoji Matsuoka model 25. I answered an ad in a local paper around 3 years ago. A gal was asking $160 for it .I offered $150 and she agreed. I didn't know it when I bought it but it has a pickup (appears to be factory installed) under the bridge. Has a nine volt battery powered pre-amp inside. The guitar ia quite good, better than some high dollar instruments I've played. I saw this same model sell on ebay for $800. It no doubt was in pristine condition. Mine has its share of playng wear evident but is 100% functional.

I've seen ads for the Matsuoka Dammann copy. I think they were around $1700. Definitely one to give serious consideration if thats the price range of interest. They may have some collector value in the future as well as being a fine instrument.
Ed
Old 07-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Contributor

My teacher owned a 1980 Ryoji Matsuoka M60 that you mentioned. That is not the same "Ryoji Matsuoka" which today appear. Ryoji Matsuoka belongs to the same period where M.Matano still making with his own label, Ibanez still building high-end classical guitars & Aria too that building their classical guitars in Japan instead of Spain & Korea today. I am not sure with the Matsuoka today but the old Matsuoka's guitars are in the similiar class as Yamaha GC series today.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Contributor

I have one of his older and cheaper laminated guitars and even it sounds incredible.