Guitar Salon International Forums  

Old 01-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Contributor

Default Is Antonio Aparicio a factory-make Guitar?

Hello, does any one knows or owns a Antonio Aparicio? Especially AA-20? how does it compare to the alhambra guitar of the same range, eg. 3p. Any feedbacks are welcome. thanks a lot.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:09 PM
Gold Member

Aparicio guitars are made in a shop with several operators. I would not call it a factory. I favor his guitars above all others.
\"The difference between a smart person and a wise person is that a smart person knows what to say and a wise person knows whether or not to say it.\" -- Anonymous - on the wall of a recreation center in Berkeley, CA.
[url]www.vergaraguitars.com[/url] -
Old 02-01-2005, 05:14 AM
Preferred Member

Pepe
What do you mean, 'you favor his guitars above all others'?...Surely you mean in that price range
Old 02-01-2005, 06:34 AM
Gold Member

Yes. I know the man. I have learned from him. He provided me free advise in some of my best sounding guitars. The model I love the most is the AA100. He actually put his hands on this one. I think it is better than the Ramirez 4E by few miles apart, and it cost less than half the price.

I have not owned the lesser models. However, for the price range, they are very very good.
\"The difference between a smart person and a wise person is that a smart person knows what to say and a wise person knows whether or not to say it.\" -- Anonymous - on the wall of a recreation center in Berkeley, CA.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:13 AM
Contributor

Default Antonio Aparicio Guitars

Yes I agree with Pepe Vergara on the AA100.I have just ordered one after many months of research and trying different guitars.I travelled to Spain to try different guitars and while Alhambra are reasonable guitars, they are production line, and do not have the feel or tone quality of Aparicio guitars. Personally I feel Antonio Aparicio will be up there with the great names in 10yrs or less, so buy one now while we can still afford them.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Antonio Aparicio Guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank O'Keeffe
Personally I feel Antonio Aparicio will be up there with the great names in 10yrs or less, so buy one now while we can still afford them.
He was up there long time ago. He was the partner of Manuel Raimundo (Raimundo & Aparicio). They broke apart and he now has his own shop.

http://www.californialuthiers.com/aparicio.htm
Old 02-13-2005, 04:50 AM
Contributor

I played the Raimundo, Aparicio, and Alhambra classical guitar models in the 600 -900 $US category. I found that the Aparicio and Raimundo were not fit and finished as well as the Alhambra. I fell for the Alhambra 5p cedar model and ended up purchasing it from Portland Music Company in Oregon.

All the Aparicio that they had on the wall had very high frets (sharp) and the intonation was silly bad. The Raimundo models were similar in fit and finish as the Alhambra, but the Alhambra seemed to speak my sound to me and rang out with such a fine volume and sounded right for me.

I think most of these Spanish guitar makers in this price range would be small factory hand built (line production) guitars. I'm sure Raimundo and Alhambra are factory hand built guitars (with some assembly line). Not sure about the Aparicio?

I'm sure there are good and not so good guitars being built by these fine spainish companies. They do have standards, but how strickly they are enforced, is anyones guess. I really believe in going and actually playing and giving each guitar a very good examination. Even my choice, the Alhambra 5p, needed a small amount of work on the nut and saddle compensation (very small). I will say the playing action was damn near perfect for me (surprised :>))
Btw: the 4p & 6p were terrific too! But they didn't have a 3p on the floor to try out.

good luck on your quest!
cg
Old 02-14-2005, 01:52 AM
Contributor

Default Ordering An Aparicio

Frank,
How did you get on with you Aparicio, I'm in Ireland also and with the severe lack of choice I find myself compelled to purchase blind. Looking for best value/playability/sound etc.

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking, and where did you buy from?

cheers
Jonathan
Old 02-20-2005, 02:59 AM
Contributor

Default ordering an Aparicio.

Hi Jon,
I am expecting delivery in the next few days, I can't wait.I ordered direct from Antonio Aparicio,found them absolutely helpfull.AS you know in Ireland it is difficult to source good quality classicals so I travelled to Spain to allow me to try different guitars.I eventually settled on Aparicio AA100 with spruce top.It's also available with cedar top.I tried guitars of all price range and though this is not the most expensive,to me it had the best playability and quality of sound for me personally.I should add,I have never bought by price! I have no problem telling you price and how I went about organising it, but I would prefer to do it by e-mail,so contact me.Having had the chance to try many different guitars,I feel I may be able to remove the "blind", from your choice. Also, just to clarify, I am not a dealer or rep.
Frank O'Keeffe.
franjuddto@eircom.net.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Contributor

Thanks Frank, CYM.