Guitar Salon International Forums  

Old 12-04-2005, 06:10 AM
Contributor

Default newbie old guitar question

Hello to all. I'm new at this forum. Just a quick question to start with. I have a nylon string guitar that I've had for some twenty years at least, I got it from my aunt. It has no brand name on it anymore. It only has the words on the back of the head,"Model No. 319.12120000 Made in USA. It has a pick guard on it and it is a full bodied guitar. Anyone know of anywhere I can find out about it. It's not really nice, I never took real good care of it, but I want to make sure that it's not like the most valuable guitar ever before I go and do something stupid. I figure it's some Sears thing or whatever but just in case......

Anybody?

Brock
Old 12-04-2005, 06:18 AM
Frequent Poster

You might need ot post photos and hope that recognizes it. Another option would be to take it to a good shop and see what they say.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Preferred Member

The only thing google turned up was an ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2385

I wondered if that was you, but it says the seller is in Illinois and your location says Georgia.

There are some pics on that page.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Frequent Poster

I think that you can safely assume that a no name 20+ year old "Made in USA" nylon string guitar with a pickguard is not going to be of great value.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Frequent Poster

You might need TO post photos and hope that SOMEONE recognizes it. Another option would be to take it to a good shop and see what they say.

See what happens when you try to type in a hurry with a broken finger. (You should hear my playing!)
Old 04-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Contributor

I know this is a reply to an old post but I also have one of these guitars it originally came from SEARS & ROEBUCK in the early 70's.It is really a steel string guitar, it probably has nylons on it because it was unplayable due to the action being too high.If you file the bridge down and change the tuners it will turn out to be an excellent guitar with a very unique tone I use electric 9's on mine I got this guitar when I was about 14 years old I am now 47 and play it almost daily.it's not really worth anything but Iwould,t sell for anything in the world because it was my first guitar.