How can I sell my guitar through the GSI Marketplace?
If you would like to sell a classical or flamenco guitar directly to a buyer, the GSI Marketplace is the platform where you will be able to do it very easily for lower fees. We provide escrow services to ensure the integrity of each transaction. Currently, the GSI Marketplace is available only to U.S.-based sellers and buyers.
What is the procedure to sell a guitar?
1. If you want to sell a guitar through the GSI Marketplace, you'll need to register a complete profile (including PayPal details) on our website.
2. Your guitar can be sold either through the "Buy Now" or “Make an Offer” option.
3. Through the use of our escrow services, the buyer’s payment will be frozen through GSI until the buyer receives the guitar at their place of residence. 48 hours after the delivery the sale is finalized and your payment will be released by GSI.
What is the fee for selling a guitar on the GSI Marketplace?
We offer two payout options that the sellers can choose while listing the guitar:
- Getting paid with GSI store credit - In this case, GSI doesn't charge any commission fee! (0% fee)
- Getting paid via PayPal - If the seller chooses the option to get paid via PayPal, we charge a 15% commission fee on the guitar’s final sale price.
Note: You can switch the payout method at any time before somebody places an order on your guitar. Once the guitar is sold, you won't be able to change the payout method anymore.
How do I list my guitar and what happens next?
If this is your first sale on the GSI Marketplace, register/log into your account and complete your profile. Make sure to provide your personal details (name, address, contact information) and PayPal details.
Then, fill out our short guitar information form to sell your guitar. Include guitar photos and/or videos. After submitting the form, we will publish your listing on the GSI Marketplace. If your listing requires edits, our experts will contact you via email.
Here are some tips:
- Set a reasonable price.
- Be as detailed as possible in describing your guitar.
- Take good photos. Make sure you choose a flat and clean background for your guitar photos and illuminate them properly.
- You can upload up to 15 photos.
- If your guitar has any dings or cracks, please make sure to upload a close-up photo of it. It’s very important to accurately describe your instrument.
What classifications are used to describe the condition of the guitar?
On the GSI Marketplace, we categorize used guitars as the following: Like new, Excellent, Very good, Good, and Repaired. The seller must choose one of these classifications to describe the condition of the guitar.
What about shipping?
When the buyer provides us with their shipping details, the system offers different shipping options and prices on top of your listed price. When the buyer goes through the checkout, you'll receive an email notification that will guide you through the process of shipping your guitar. You can either schedule a pickup from your own home or drop off the guitar at the nearest FedEx location. Of course, in either scenario, our system will generate a shipping label for you.
You can also schedule a pickup and print out a label by accessing your account on the GSI website, and then clicking on order history -> view details.
Make sure to properly pack the guitar for shipment. You will need a shipping box that fits the guitar case. See the video below to learn more.
How do I communicate with a potential buyer?
You may receive:
- A message from the buyer sent through the website.
- A different offer made by the buyer.
May I relist my instrument?
Yes, you can relist your instrument.
When should I ship the guitar?
Once you receive confirmation from our website that your guitar has been sold, you’ll need to ship it to the buyer. GSI will release the payment from the buyer to the seller only once the guitar arrives at the buyer’s residence.