Invocación - Mattias Jacobsson
Young guitarist Mattias Jacobsson has launched a flying start to his international career.” — Guitar and Lute magazine
Avie introduces brilliant young guitarist Mattias Jacobsson who, on his debut album, invokes a guitar tradition originating with the influential Spanish composer Francisco Tárrega. The repertoire explores Tárrega’s influences and legacy, from the inspiration that Chopin had on his musical output through to his students Miguel Llobet and Emilio Pujol. Mattias has created a unique concept in the guitar discography by juxtaposing Chopin transcriptions with Tárrega’s most Chopinesque works.
Mattias made this recording with a 1971 Ignacio Fleta e hijos CD/IN.
1. Trad. arr. Llobet - El Testament d'Amelia
2. Tarrega - Capricho árabe
3. Tarrega - Recuerdos de la Alhambra
4. Chopin/Tarrega - Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2
5-7. Pujol - Trois Morceaux espagnols
8. Tarrega - Endecha
9. Chopin/Tarrega - Prelude Op. 28: no 15 in D flat major "Raindrop"
10. Tarrega - Lagrima
11-13. Chopin/Tarrega Preludes Op. 28 Nos. 20, 6, & 7
14. Tarrega - Prelude No. 18 in D
15. Tarrega - Prelude No. 2 in A minor
16. Trad. arr. Llobe - Conco del Lladre
17. Chopin/Tarrega - Mazurka No. 22, Op.33, No.1
18. Tarrega - Adelita
19. Tarrega - Mazurka in G
20. Tarrega - Sueno
21. Chopin/Tarrega - Mazurka No. 22, Op.33, No.4
22. Trad. arr. Llobet- El Noi de la Mare
Feel free to contact us with any questions. It’s what we’re here for!